THIS IS MY AGENDA FOR MY CONSTITUENCY- HON TEME.



Hon Teme
THIS IS MY AGENDA FOR MY CONSTITUENCY- HON TEME.

Hon Geoffrey Teme is the former Majority Leader in the Plateau state House of Assembly and currently, an aspirant seeking the mandate of the Rukuba/Irigwe constituency to represent them once again in 2019 under the platform of the APC. In a chat with African Drum, he unveiled some of his plans for his people. Excerpts.

Sir, you are vying for the House of Assembly Rukuba/Irigwe constituency. What really inspired you?

 well, as a former member of the House of Assembly I believe experience is one of the lessons one always obtain where ever you find yourself. So, based on legislative experience, I believe if given the mandate to represent my constituency, I will bring my experience to bear. More so, I have been tested and gave my best but I also believe that I can do more than I did previously. It is for this reason that I submitted myself to once again, serve the people I love most.

Is there anything specific your constituency stands to benefit when given the mandate?

There are a lot of things a member can lobby for his constituency. The government always makes its intention to execute a lot of projects which have to pass through legislative procedure. I will make sure that not only my constituency but the whole of Bassa Local Government benefits from these projects because I believe Bassa is the general constituency of the two members representing it. For that reason, when the members unite, we would bring so many good things to the Local Government. It’s obvious that Bassa, one of the oldest local governments in Plateau State is still lacking behind in terms of development. The local government has missed these laudable projects as a result of the lack of lobbying power. So, with my experience, I will be able to champion some of these causes. Again, one important advantage my constituency will have is my relationship with Governor Simon Bako Lalong who is not just a friend but a brother.

One of the serious challenges facing your constituency is that of insecurity. When given the mandate, what would you do to address or bring an end to the issue of insecurity that has affected your constituency?

 Well, first and foremost I will begin addressing the issue of security from my constituency between the Rukuba and the Irigwe. We have been sharing the constituency slot among us and there has never been any problem in doing that. So, if first and foremost the Rukuba and the Irigwe unite as brothers; as Christians, as one body then we would extend the gesture to the settlers among us. Because, I believe that when those living with us see the unity among us, they will definitely tore the path of peace. When the Rukuba and the Irigwe unite, both the Fulani and the Hausa will definitely key in and by so doing, unity of purpose will be achieved. Understanding is the whole mark about peace. In other words, when you talk about peace, it’s all about understanding. So, by understanding ourselves, the desired peace can be achieved and as we all know, there can never be any meaningful development without peace so, peace is the ultimate thing.

Sir, you know quite well that no political party has ever won election in Bassa LG except the PDP. What is the guarantee that your party, the APC will win in Bassa in the 2019 general elections?

Well, as a party man. As a loyalist to APC I am highly optimistic that we will turn the table around this time. I know it is a tradition in Plateau State that people always go with the ruling party. No local government wants to be left behind. Every local government wants to develop and move ahead. That is the gospel we have been preaching to encourage people to go with the ruling party so we can gain from the dividends of democracy. We must enlighten our people so they can understand that for us to have maximum gains, we need to go with the ruling party. Again, it’s obvious that there is a crack in the PDP in Plateau State taking into account how its activities are being conducted. The PDP is divided and there is no cohesion. The PDP is not as solid as the APC is. So, we have already taken advantage of that and we will build on it and secure our victory.

 You final message to the people of your constituency?

 I have been tested and have proven worthy and capable and I know my people love me just as I love them. I strongly believe they will give me another opportunity to serve them. We are all human beings and we have our limitations. Where ever I have gone wrong, I want them to forgive me. On my side, I don’t keep malice. My heart is clean and lovely we should learn to forgive and forget and forge ahead and build our local government in particular and Plateau State in general.

Share this:

Post a Comment

ForeMediaAd

 
Copyright © African Drum Online. Designed by OddThemes