The secret to my success is sincerity- Hon. Baba Hassan



Hon Baba Hassan
The secret to my success is sincerity- Hon. Baba Hassan

By Dickson Gupiya
November 03, 2018

A three time member and former deputy speaker of the Plateau State House of Assembly, Hon. Baba Hassan has said that the secret to his success is sincerity. According to the law maker, sincerity has been the focal point of his dealings with both his political associates and the electorates.

Hassan, who again, secured the All Progressive Congress (APC) ticket in the just concluded party primaries for the 2019 elections, said this in an exclusive chat with African Drum in Jos today.

According to him, “as a legislator, you are bound to face challenges, but your ability to tackle the challenges appropriately makes you a better legislator.”

Hon. Hassan who seeks to represent the people of Jos North/North stated that being a Muslim has not beclouded his sense of judgment taking into cognizance that his constituency is cosmopolitan “when you are sincere, you will be fair and just. Yes, I am a Muslim, but Christians in my constituency keep voting me because I don’t segregate. I don’t discriminate. I believe in fairness and justice. So, I make sure everybody gets what ever belongs to him or her. I make sure I carry people along. Their problems are my problems. In other words, I share with them in their moments of grieve and I also share with them in their moments of joy and that is the connecting point.”

On why he was full of confidence even before the conduct of the primaries, he said his confidence was hinged on the fact that he never considers election a do or die issue. “I always do what is necessary to the best of my ability and leave the rest to God and the electorates. If they elect me, I represent them to the best of my ability, if they don’t; I return home to my family.” He said.

The member advised the electorates to always vote in accordance with their conscience to ensure that only those who have the zeal to represent the people sincerely are brought on board.

On the view in some quarters that the APC has been rejected by the people of Plateau State, he said that was a figment of the imagination of those who hold that view stressing that if that is true, the APC wouldn’t have won all the 13 local Government in the just concluded Local Government polls in the state.

Hassan said there was no any other way of demonstrating acceptability of a political party than what the people of Plateau State did during the Local Government polls believing that the same feat will be repeated in 2019 general elections.

Share this:

Post a Comment

ForeMediaAd

 
Copyright © African Drum Online. Designed by OddThemes