JOS NORTH/WEST CONSTITUENCY: TOGETHER WE CAN DO IT- ASAMA



Daniel Asama
 JOS NORTH/WEST CONSTITUENCY: TOGETHER WE CAN DO IT- ASAMA

Lovins Yakubu
September 01, 2018

 An aspirant for the House of Assembly Jos North/West under the platform of the Action Democratic Party (ADP) Daniel Asama has said that his constituency was in dare need of positive change. Consequently, he said his main agenda if given the mandate was to mobilize the people to effect the desired change.
In an exclusive chat with African Drum in Jos recently, Asama stated that he has been a grassroot mobilizer all his life and intends to bring his ingenuity to be bear if given the opportunity to represent his constituency. He said Jos North/West has not had good representation and it is what prompted him to contest.  


According to him, “why he was contesting was for reason of better representation because to me, it’s all about the grass root because aside councilors from our wards, the next category of elected officials closer to the people at that level are the representatives.
“I feel it is the best place to start with having had a good experience; I know what it is to be a representative. Though not being a representative myself but having worked in the House of Assembly for more than a decade. I also know the people and their plight, so it’s the exact place to start”.  Said Asama

On what he thinks he can do that would distinct him from those that have been there before now, the aspirant said he I doesn’t believe there is something distinct stressing that every politician has good agenda and manifestos but the major problem has always been the implementation of these programmes.

“The implementation has been the problem. People do not live up to their words. People say so many things but do little. I will make sure that I lived up to my words. I don’t want to go about promising people what I know I can’t do.
“I don’t want to give an impression that I am coming to make a change unilaterally. It’s not possible. I am a mobilizer and I intend to mobilize the people to change themselves.
“I want the people to know that they can make the change themselves, and be what they want to be. Nobody would make them what they want to be. My desire is not to change the situation of some people but to make the people change their situation and that is the difference. That will also make you want to be with the people to enable you make that change. I think previous representatives have not been close to the people enough. People have not been feeling their representation. So to me the primary thing is to get closer to the people and listen to what they are saying so you can table their plights to the appropriate authorities”.

On failed promises which has been the norm in Nigeria politics, he said one has to proof a point for the people to trust him.
“People want to see things differently. In the course of my consultation, I keep telling them to give me a trial to prove myself and earn their trust and their responses have been overwhelming.

“People don’t want to hear you say you would do something different, they want to see you doing something different, and I asked them to give me a trial. Just like you gave others a trial, also give me a trial.
We will keep trying until we get the right person
When you try and fail, you are not a failure you only fail when you stop trying and I have been greatly encouraged by the people. My acceptability during the consultation was overwhelming.”

On his message to his constituents, Asama said his representation was going to be different. “This is going to be different. I would share with them in their pains. Whatever they lack would be my pain.
In practical terms, my manifesto is what my constituents want.
“When I am given the mandate, I will always get back to the people. We will sit and he will talk about our problems and I will table same before the appropriate authority and when something is happening up I will bring it down. I will be the bridge. I would represent them in two ways; if it works, they know, if it doesn’t, they also know. I want them to feel the govt.”

Share this:

Post a Comment

ForeMediaAd

 
Copyright © African Drum Online. Designed by OddThemes