My aspiration is informed by the need to serve the people – Hon. Musa Aggah



Hon Musa Aggah
My aspiration is informed by the need to serve the people – Hon. Musa Aggah

By Dickson Gupiya
October 24, 2018

Hon. Musa Aggah, House of Assembly candidate Rukuba/Irigwe state constituency under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said that his aspiration was informed by the need to serve the people adding that if given the mandate, he would sponsor bills that are people oriented and masses driven with the aim of bringing dividends of democracy to the people.

Hon. Aggah said this in an exclusive chat with African Drum recently in his country home, Kwall in Bassa LGA. In the words of Aggah, “the idea to contest came to me immediately after the 2015 general elections. I saw the need to represent the good people of my constituency reason being that, I want to serve humanity. I want to serve the people. I want to change the face of politics as far as my constituency is concerned. 

“That is why my campaign slogan is tagged “for the Masses” I intend to sponsor bills that are people oriented. I intend to sponsor bills tat are masses driven with the aim of bringing dividends of democracy to the people.”

As to whether he was not discouraged by the current political development in the state more so, regarding the recently conducted Local Government elections in which it was widely said that the out come did not represent the wishes of the people, he said what actually happened was unfortunate noting that democracy was under threat in the sense that the popular will of the people was truncated.

“But as we all know, the local government system is largely being influenced by the chief executive of the states who also control the state electoral umpires. However, the next election would not be conducted by PLASIEC but by INEC; consequently, I must tell you that I am very confident. I have confidence in INEC because I believe it will follow due process and I am also optimistic that in 2019, I will match victorious. “Reasons are there. I have been tested before and found worthy. In the recently concluded party primaries, out of the 91 accredited delegates that went for the election, I got a total of 76 votes while the other two contestants share just about the remaining 15 votes.
“So, the people spoke in my favour and I believe they will speak again in my favour in 2019 more so that this constituency is predominantly PDP and my emergence as its candidate for the House of Assembly has further made the party to wax stronger. So, there is no cause for alarm because my moral is not dampened by anything”. He said.

On the persistent skirmishes between the Rukuba and the Irigwe over boundary issue and his plans towards peaceful co-existence between the two tribes, Aggah said that he has been an advocate of peace and it has been his nature throughout his life because he has been preaching peace wherever he finds himself.

According to him, God did not make a mistake to have created and placed both nationalities in the same geographical space. “I will make peaceful co-existence one of my cardinal objectives. I will be instrumental in fostering peace among the two ethnic groups.
“There are also programmes I intend to initiate to promote peaceful co-existence. I believe in consultation and I will vigorously engage in consultations with the constituents because, you cannot represent the people well without consulting them on issues.”

He urged the people of the constituency to remain resolute, focused, optimistic and peaceful because according to him, no meaningful development can take place in an atmosphere of rancor stressing that when given the mandate, the constituency would witness monumental development.

Share this:

Post a Comment

ForeMediaAd

 
Copyright © African Drum Online. Designed by OddThemes