Hearing in Murder Case Resumes

Hearing resumed on February 9, 2017 in the case of one, Stephen Luka Pam who allegedly impregnated one Justina Dusu and, when confronted, allegedly attacked her sister, Simi Dusu at Sabon Gari, Tudun Wada, Jos North LGC of Plateau State, after she refused to abort the pregnancy which led to the death of Simi, Justina also lost one of her eyes. 

By PETER AKPAH



The case has been lingering in court even as Justina put to bed a bouncing baby boy for her alleged killer boyfriend Stephen Luka Pam in the early hours of March 1 at Foron District. Stephen is currently facing charges of murder, attempted murder, assault and sexual abuse at the Jos High Court 14.

When the case was mentioned on February 9, prosecution witnesses 1-4 were in court to testify. PW1, Rifkatu Yusuf, the eldest sister to Justina, stated that Simi Dusu died in her presence at the Hwolshe Medical Centre with serious injuries sustained as a result of the machete that Stephen used to butcher her sister on the neck, head and other parts of her body. She further said that Stephen also attacked Justina as his plan was to kill them both.

On her part, PW2 Justina Dusu, who was the accused person’s girlfriend, told the court that she and her late sister Simi had gone to Stephen’s house to see his parents to tell him what was going on as Stephen was not picking their calls.

She said on their way back, they met Stephen riding on a bike and Justina identified him to her sister Simi who said, ‘So you’re the Stephen. Anyway we are here to see your parents.’ Sp Stephen urged them to go home and discuss the matter.

“So we followed him home. On reaching his house, we asked him where his parents are. He said they were not at home.”

According to her, he then asked Simi to excuse them so he could have a private conversation with Justina and as soon as Simi went outside, he locked the door and attacked her with machete.

“The next thing I felt was machete all over my head and neck and I shouted for help. When Simi heard me shout, she rushed to the door but it was locked. Somehow she managed to break the door and tried to collect the machete from Stephen, but instead he turned on her and started using the machete on her too. I was helpless as I watched him butchering my sister, breaking her head and skull,” Justina added.

Sergeant Apollos Alu from ‘A’ Division Police Station, Jos, who was PW4 and the investigating police officer (IPO), said he was 42 years old and confirmed the killing by the accused person.

He said, “On 1 August 2016 at 0600 hours of that day I reported to duty at my station at the crime branch of ‘A’ Division. I am the IPO investigating. That day at about 2:30 p.m. a case of culpable homicide was brought to me from Tudun Wada Police Outpost by one Sergeant James Nenpak.

“On receipt of the case, I brought out a case form. I obtained name and address of the accused person and I questioned him. I asked him which language he understood best and he said Hausa. I then interpreted the words of the question to him in Hausa and he then signed. I then went further to record his statement in English and I interpreted it to him in Hausa and when he signed, I countersigned and booked him at the station. I then visited Justina Dusu who was on admission at Hwolshe Medical Centre (Lencape) as a result of injuries inflicted on her by the accused.”

Share this:

Post a Comment

ForeMediaAd

 
Copyright © African Drum Online. Designed by OddThemes